But.... during this year of being a librarian, I'm trying to shake up the traditional librarian wardrobe. And I really wanna share!!!!
Generally, when you think of librarians, you think of this:
But, Katie Ball will not be labeled as a frumpy librarian! No way, no how!
So, when I found out I got the job, I got my hairs cut. (Okay, seriously please don't make fun of me taking pictures of myself.... it's already awkward enough!!!)
It's ssssooooo short! I LOVE IT! The second picture is meant to feature the back of my head, but it's really tough to take a picture with a iPhone 3. If I had an iPhone 4 or 5........... ;)
And the hubby let me buy some new "teacher clothes". I have always had a hard time trying to decide what is appropriate for school and what is not. I want to look professional, modest, and authoritative (i.e. like I am actually 26, not 16), but sometimes I end up looking like Mrs. Frumpy McFrumperson. So, I made myself try on things that were a little out of my normal comfort zone... like boots. And, ya know what, I ended up with some great stuff! I think I will post a picture or two a week of what I'm wearing to work and eventually I'll find a link-up (or maybe you have suggestions) that doesn't require me to go through childbirth first!
The lighting in our bedroom is terrible, but you get the idea. From the bottom up:
- Rampage chocolate brown suede wedge boots from Belk (got 'em on clearance + coupon for <$30!)
- skinny jeans from Chicco's that were FREE because my mother-in-law gave them to me! She bought them for herself and then decided she didn't want them. Score! I refer to them as my "mom (in law) jeans"!
- black long-sleeved shirt from Old Navy ($10)
- army green short-sleeved knitted sweater from Old Navy ($9 on clearance)
- and that bulky thing on my arm is my Timex watch, which I got for Christmas last year and rarely ever leave home without!
I think I'm doin' alright for a librarian!