Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Year's Resolution Contenders

Yes, yes, I know, it's Christmas Eve. If I write about anything today, it should be about the excitement I have about the holiday. But, today is a serious time to think about the upcoming holiday - New Year's. Last year, I was lame and didn't really make any resolutions. Or did I? Obviously, whatever they were or might have been were not that important. I know I didn't post about any resolutions. Apparently I had WEDDING and GRADUATING on the brain, so I guess those were some major accomplishments of 2011.

Anyhoo... now the question is what to resolve for 2012? Here are some ideas:

1. Create a bedtime routine and be in bed by 10:30 on week nights. I have been trying to practice this one. It started with 10:00 p.m., but that's just too early. 10:30 sounds reasonable.

2. GET AWAY FROM THE TV. Seriously. This whole Netflix-on-the-Wii thing has not been healthy! We've been TV addicted for the past several weeks. Not to mention King of Queens on the DVR. That's just asking for trouble.

3. This one is a definite resolution: Read the Bible through with Blake. The church we've been attending is doing a read-through-the-Bible plan as a church using a chronological Bible. I'm super pumped about it! The sermons and small group lessons are also going to be based around the weekly readings, so I am really excited about it. I can't wait to get started next weekend!

4. Utilize the Cricut and my baking skills more often.

5. Spend 20 minutes a day cleaning. Yeah, right.

6. Learn some new chords on the ukelele and start using it in my library lessons.

7. Turn all of my coat-hangers in the closet backwards. Whichever clothes have not been turned around by June 1 go to Goodwill.

8. Save money for a small summer vacation.

9. Save money for an entertainment center and/or futon.

10. Spend less money eating out; spend more money buying awesome stuff (like art) for our apartment. :)

These all sound like great ideas... I'll probably keep 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment