Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yesterday

Blah blah blah, house drama.

I am so sorry that my blog posts lately revolve around repairing our house. But.... that's what my life is revolving around, so.... too bad. Repairing and rebuilding this big old beautiful house is somewhat of a nightmare, as is any construction-related venture. But it's especially difficult when you are newly married and on an extremely tight budget and one of you can't seem to find a full-time job (that's another story for another day).

But, here's the good news. Over and over again, Blake and I have come to this "we can't do this by ourselves" desperation, and then somehow God provides. It shouldn't amaze me so much, but it does.

Yesterday, I was crying my eyes out and wondering Why did this happen to us? Why? Yes, I asked why. I've asked it many, many times since April 27. And God always answers with, Don't you Trust me?

It stings every time.

Trusting God completely (which, I am not 100% at "completely," but I think I am getting close) means closing my eyes and letting go. It means letting go of my expectations, letting go of my little plans, letting go of my hopes. But God doesn't leave me empty-handed. He fills me back up with his expectations, his plans, his hopes... and he provides a way for it all.

Today, a group of high-school and college-aged guys from the Vineyard in Marietta, Georgia are coming to help Blake put shingles on our roof.

I should Trust God more often.

There is something about this big old beautiful house. God has planned something that is so much bigger than we could have ever imagined on our own. Something was against us when the tornado struck, and the Lord has been putting us back together ever since. More and more, as the Lord continues to provide, I am convinced that He has a major plan for us in this house. This is the house the the Lord built, and we have dedicated it to his plans and for his service.

So, I shouldn't be afraid. He continues to provide, our friends continue to pray for us, people continue to offer to help, and the Lord is behind it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment