Living in my mom's house post-marriage ain't quite as glamorous as it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I love my mama, but I'm ready to have a place of our own. The biggest problem is simply lack of space - our room is far too tiny for two people: a full-size bed pushed against a wall, a bookshelf, a dresser, a desk, and a closet barely big enough to fit my clothes. Blake's clothes are in a closet in the computer room, along with wedding gifts and other stored items. The living room hosts a sea of gift bags, filled with gifts that can't be put into the storage unit because the storage unit is jam-packed with our stuff.
We're bursting at the seams here - and gratefully so. We came home from the honeymoon to more gifts. People said we wouldn't get most of what was on our registry. Those people were wrong. We barely have anything left to purchase. We are so thankful, and I am in awe of the tangible love poured out on us by our friends and family.
Now if we could just get all those things into our house. The list of to-do's goes something like this:
- replace front door
- replace office door
- install doggie door in office
- install fenced-in area off the office
- install 2 new interior doors in master bathroom
- patch up 3 panes of glass
- lay tile in master bathroom
- put on new roof
- patch up hole in foyer
- remove 1 interior door
- repair hole in living room floor
- install insulation in living room
- install ceiling in living room
- install ceiling fans in living room, master bedroom, kitchen
- paint.... everything
- clean around all windows
- clean Cedar closets with Murphy's oil
- replace soffets off of living room and garage
- have pool cleaned out and re-covered
- remove remaining stumps and leftover tree parts
- walk the grounds with a magnetic strip so we don't get another nail in our tires
....Are you exhausted yet???
We can only take it one step at a time. Our goal is to move in by July 21. Our "realistic" goal is to move in before Blake starts classes in August. I really hope that happens... I am so eager to get into a place of our own.
Until then, I direct all my anger at that stupid tornado. :)
And if you want to help out with any of these little projects, we would love the help.