Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Wednesday!

I thought Monday was Wednesday this week. Well, it's finally Wednesday! I am not sure why, but this week just seems to be dragging by. Tuesdays & Wednesdays are ridiculously long days for me, but usually they fly by. Yesterday did not fly by. I found myself looking at the clock and thinking, "It's only 1 o'clock!?" or "Wasn't it 4 o'clock three hours ago!?". Today is an equally busy day that ends with two hours of babysitting, so I am hoping that my 5:15 a.m. wake-up call (aka, Elaine the kitten) doesn't affect the rest of my day the way it did yesterday.

In other news, I've been reading James lately. Slowly but surely I'm making my way through. I've finally made it to the last chapter, but I'm in no hurry to wrap it up. James is probably one of my "favorite" books in the New Testament. Really, it's probably one of my "favorite" books in the whole Bible. James' words are so heavy and powerful.

Chew on these:

James 1:17, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows."

James 1:22, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

James 2:10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it."

James 3:9 (this one hurts!): "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God's likeness."

James 4:8 (this one makes you feel better, but can be confusing), "Come near to God and he will come near to you."

It's good stuff, I know! Hard to take at times, but edifying.

So, that's Wednesday. Hoping it's an excellently wonderfully exuberant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment