Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thank God it's Thursday!

We all have "those days" from time to time. You know, the days where Murphy's Law seems to be in full effect - everything that can go wrong, will... and does. Yesterday was definitely one of "those days."

It started fine - read a good bit of James and spent time with the Lord. I really think that's the only reason I held it together yesterday! But, after reading my Bible, the trouble started. First, I just generally didn't feel well. Then, it was a discussion with my mom that brought out hurt feelings (not with my mom, I was just telling her about a situation). And things just started to snowball from there.

It seemed like almost everything that came up yesterday was tainted. I even went to donate blood (I had scheduled it a couple of weeks ago) and that ended up being a mild disaster! It took me twice as long as "normal" people to fill up the bag... I guess my heart just pumps slower than most! And, if you know me, you probably know I hate needles anyway plus I have "rolling" veins so... it was just not the best of experiences! I have now learned that I am not a prime candidate for donating because this is not the first time this has happened.

The day was also long. I left the house around 9:20 a.m. to go to work and wasn't scheduled to come back home until about 9:30 (I babysit 7-9 p.m. on Wednesdays). It seemed like the day was never going to end.

The reason of this post is not to complain. Even though yesterday was really difficult, I just tried to roll with the punches and try to do my best to make it through the day. And I did, but not by my own strength!

At one point in the afternoon, one of the pastors from the church gave me some very encouraging words (and didn't even really know how rough my day had been). Then, my amazingly amazing best friend, Ashley, talked me through more tears and then enjoyed a manicure & pedicure with me! Babysitting was wonderful - 1-year-old Macey was cuddly and fell asleep in my arms while 21-mo.-old Jameson kept me laughing. And, to top it all off, Blake drove from Birmingham (where he's working for the summer) to help me babysit and then came to my house to take care of my still-sickly body.

What wonderful people the Lord has placed in my life. While driving home last night, I couldn't help but be thankful. Sure, yesterday sucked... to be blunt. But, there were tons of lessons learned, tons of perseverance, and plenty of people in my path to pick me up when I needed it most.

Oh, and Nicole Richardson kept posting hysterical pictures on Facebook of our friends' faces on celebrity's bodies. My personal favorite is Jonathan Cook as Nick Saban..... just sayin'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment