Sunday, May 22, 2011

He Touched Me and Made Me Whole

Just a little Sunday mornin' Truth...

I forgot how much I love this classic hymn until I heard it while streaming The Isaacs this morning. Written in 1963 by my favorite hymn writer, Bill Gaither, "He Touched Me" was made popular by - ELVIS! Even Barbara Streisand has done a cover of this great tune. Can a hymn get any better exposure than that!?

But, seriously, I do love this song - it's simple Truth and cheery melody... and it reminds me of my home church, Hargrove Methodist, where the youth would emphatically sing this song, and "touch" each other (appropriately) in the process. :)

"He Touched Me" - Bill Gaither

Shackled by a heavy burden
'Neath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me
And now I am no longer the same

He touched me, O He touched me
And, O, the joy that filled my soul
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole

Since I met this Blessed Savior
Since he cleansed and made me whole
I will never cease to praise Him
I'll shout it while eternity rolls

He touched me, O He touched me
And, O, the joy that filled my soul
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole

Brought to you by: The Isaacs or Elvis or The Barb or The Gaither Vocal Band or this guy

No comments:

Post a Comment