Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't Forget!

Yesterday marked ONE MONTH until the big day! There's just so much going on in my brain, and I feel like I have been so.... cliche lately.

"I can't believe it's almost here!"
"It's just around the corner!"
"It'll be here before we know it!"
"There's so much to do!"

I feel like a broken record!! But, it's all the truth! I am SO excited about the wedding and about getting married, but I'm just ready for it to BE here. Especially since the tornado, Blake and I have been "over" this whole planning-a-wedding thing. It's exciting, it's beautiful, it's sentimental, but we just want to be married already. And I want to go on our awesome honeymoon to Charleston.

But, in the meantime, we are still planning away and getting the final details in place. I feel uncomfortably calm... like, everything is taken care of (or at least there is a plan for it)... and it makes me wonder if I am missing something. While talking to another bride (who is getting married THIS Saturday!!), we started talking about the logistics of packing toiletries for the day of the wedding AND for the honeymoon. How do you make sure it all gets packed up after the wedding and put into the car before you leave? When I went to try on my dress the other day, it was Amy Sims who remembered to think about the bustle!! I hadn't even THOUGHT about a bustle for the dress (and it needs it!). And thank God Amy was there because a French bustle is as complicated as it sounds!

That's the kind of stuff I am afraid I will forget to think about! So, if you are reading this and you have any advice on random things to remember, please comment!

3 comments:

  1. Your maid/matron of honor should be willing to be in charge of making sure your "stuff" is in the car and ready to go (Just make sure she knows where it is and where you want it to go) OR you can make a pit stop on your way to your final destination and grab your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the basics I can remember:
    Wear a button up shirt so you don't mess up your hair changing, make sure to get the minister(s) to sign your marriage license at the reception and mail it before you leave for the honeymoon, get glasses to toast from, wear waterproof mascara ;), and put someone else in charge of things like the guest book, taking your bouquet home (to dry if you want), and fixing you and Blake to-go boxes of the food (because you'll barely have time to eat any at the reception!!)
    So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY good advice, ladies!! Whew, there is a lot to remember!

    ReplyDelete