I have sat down to write a post about six times since my last entry... and I just can't think of anything significant. One day goes and another one comes. And, although I'm doing plenty in between the sunrises, life has been such a blur. It's going so quickly that it's hard to keep up. One day I'll want to look back and reminisce about this season of life, so here goes:
5:45 a.m.: Wake-up... sleep for 15 more minutes.
6:00 a.m.-7:00: Take shower, make and drink coffee, unload dishwasher, get ready for the day - all while listening to the daily Bible reading via an iPhone app (cheater!)
7:00-7:15 a.m.: Pack lunch/breakfast
7:15-7:30 a.m.: Journal/pray
7:30 a.m.: Leave for work
7:45-3:15 p.m.: Work (What happens between those hours could be a whole 'nother list)
3:15-5:00 p.m.: Tutor (Yet another list...)
5:15 p.m.: Arrive home, change clothes, start dinner
6:00 p.m.: Not always on-the-dot, but we usually have dinner around this time. Most days we eat dinner at the table. Sometimes we sit around the table.
7:00 p.m.-ish: Clean up from dinner, try to accomplish a few chores, read, watch TV
10:00 p.m.: Sleepy time
Each night is different...
Mondays: Blake has class/basketball
Wednesday: Choir/Orchestra at 6:30
Friday: Who knows?
Saturday: Who knows?
Sunday: At home, but usually suffering from a nap-hangover
Other random daily habits:
- I drink 2-ish cups of coffee and take a multivitamin every morning
- I drink 1c grapefruit juice every weekday morning
- I pack my lunch every day (as you can see)... mostly leftovers, but every now a sandwich or microwaveable soup
- Blake walks Arnold three-four times a day (thankful for that!!!)
- We try to pick up misplaced items around the house as we move from room to room. This generally helps with clutter, but we're not perfect. Half of the dining table is currently covered in random stuff and there are 2 bottles of hot sauce (don't ask) and some mail on the coffee table. Work in progress.
- I drink (notice I drink a lot... hehe) a glass (or two) of milk EVERY night, sometime after dinner and before bed. I don't know why... I just need a good cold glass of milk every night!!
- Every day at lunch, I read the news. It's usually the first time I have to check on the rest of the world during a given day.
- I consume (tired of saying "drink", although now I am starting to wonder if I am the only person who has a beverage obsession) A LOT of water every day. It's basically all I drink, aside from the other stuff I apparently drink all day...
- I eat a piece of dark chocolate after lunch.
- I have dessert every day after dinner. Thin Mint cookies, ice cream, fruit bar... Life is too short to say no to dessert.
- Elaine follows me into the bathroom and stays in the bathroom while I take a shower EVERY DAY. She gets really confused on Saturdays, when I don't take a shower until later in the morning.
- Most weeknights, I am exhausted. It's hard to motivate myself to do chores, but somehow it all gets done!!
And that's where I am these days. The routine of life is nice... just gotta figure out how to have a little more energy at night!!! Crashing on the couch every weeknight is not an option!