Saturday, February 25, 2012

Comparison

Come on, ladies. We all spend too much time comparing ourselves to others.

Her wardrobe is to die for.
She has a better job than me.
They have new furniture.
Their house is newer.
They don't have student loan debt.
She's pregnant.
Her house is immaculate.
She doesn't have an ounce of flab on her.

And we all know that list could keep going.

For the most part, I am content with most areas of my life. I am fit and healthy - but I haven't always been. There was a time when I was 30+ pounds heavier, diagnosed with PCOS, and fighting depression.    I am ecstatically married (I like that better than "happily married"!). Meeting Blake was the most amazing thing EVER! I was fortunate enough to be offered a really amazing position in a tough job market. Our apartment, though TINY, is adorable and we had everything we needed to create a cozy little home. And though we don't have kids yet, I think everyone knows I am crazy about our furry babies. :)

But over the past few weeks, the comparison bug has hit me hard. I want new clothes and new furniture and to be more productive and to have two bathrooms instead of one and to have a regular full-time position with benefits and to be pregnant.

We'll get there, eventually (hopefully). All of those things aren't too far within reach and it's hard to be patient. While most people are getting settled down in their mid-twenties, Blake and I are just beginning. We're sacrificing now and investing in our future. It's tough to wait, but it will be worth it.

And that's about the most transparent I'm gonna get! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment