Saturday, September 17, 2011

home alone

No Blake, no mama, no Fred. Just me and the furry babies (and the ADT system!) for an entire evening and day. That hasn't happened in a L-O-N-G time! Mama and Fred are on their honeymoon and Blake is in Muscle Shoals for a wedding. I couldn't go to the wedding because of work, so I am stuck here at the house all by my lonesome.

Last night wasn't too bad. I was so exhausted from a 12-hour work day that I fell asleep around 9:30 on the couch while watching an episode of Chopped. Arnold kept me company, and we slept on the couch all night long. Blake won't be back until late tonight (and the parents are due home tomorrow evening), but I have a lot to do today. Upload items to sell on Amazon, upload items to sell on Craigslist, pack, laundry, dishes (because there's no one else here to do them!!!!), track down the half-gallon of milk I bought last night but somehow did not manage to bring home.

It's nice to have a quiet house and time to myself. Maybe I am weird, but I look forward to times when I can be alone. Don't get me wrong - I miss Blake and I can't wait for him to get back! But, it's nice to just be for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment