Sunday, September 11, 2011

blog/life shuffle

I finally did it. I finally changed the header (and some other things) here on the old blog. I am sooooo not blog savvy like my friend Kathryn, but I try. This is the first header I've made where the picture actually looks like it belongs there! And I changed the title of my blog... it only makes sense because the URL to my blog includes "katiejanesays". Plus I found out through google that "Barefoot in the Kitchen" was already taken and apparently doing quite well!!

Then, I was clicking around my archives and found a link to an older blog that has entries dated back to 2006. LOST theories, big break-up, deciding to go back to school, living without my daddy... there were some good entries. And then, I remembered that I can still access my OLD, OLD blog which dates back to 2003. Good Lord was I a drama queen!!! Some of those posts are just absolutely embarrassing!!! But, everyone has been 17 once so I am sure you understand.

Aside from the shuffling the blog, Blake and I are also shuffling our living arrangements. For the next two weeks, we are staying at my mom's house until we can move into our new apartment on the 24th. When the rains from the most recent hurricane/tropical storm came through, we realized that there were over a dozen leaks in the roof, three of which are major. The whole house needs a brand new roof, and we can't afford one. So, we made the difficult decision to move and I've got to tell you - I've never felt better. I'll write more about the decision later... because it does include some guilt and some sadness. But, for now let's just say that I am PUMPED about moving somewhere where we can finally feel "at home"!

And there's been a little job shuffle too. Without going into too much detail, I had to quit the pre-school job (sad, sad). I probably shouldn't have taken the job to begin with, but that is a different story. Anyway, now I'm subbing in the County Schools and it's awesome! I have had a job every day! I am also still able to continue tutoring every afternoon, so I also have that money coming in. Looks like we're going to make it after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment