Saturday, March 26, 2011

newness... and a wedding update

Yesterday, we hit the three-month mark. Three months exactly until the wedding day! This is the time I've been waiting for, somewhat like my "final trimester" of engagement. ;) When we got engaged (waaaaaaay back in July!!!), I thought, 'Everything will seem more real once we get to March 25.' In many ways, I was right. In many ways, I was wrong.

Three months is still a long time, in engagement-land. Ninety days/2,160 hours/129,600 seconds long, for those of you who, like me, need the numbers. But, at the same time, three months is very little time, and we have a lot to do!

Since life is changing, I decided to spruce up the blog (hence the layout change and the new title!). I can't change the URL address of my blog because some other creative person already has a blog with the same name. But, I'll keep what I've got for now. This is the first header I have ever done, and I am somewhat disappointed in the way it turned out... mostly because of the picture. But, I wanted a picture that showed where we are in life - engaged - and this is the only one I have that appropriately displays our stage in life. It probably would be better if I changed it to a sepia-toned picture or edited it better, but... I really am not up for all that hassle at the moment! I will probably change it to a better picture once we get our professional engagement pictures back. :) But, hey, in three months... it'll be a picture of us on our WEDDING DAY! So... I can live with the so-so header for ninety more days, if I have to!

I'd like to think that I am not obsessed with getting married, but... let's face it. I am. I am 100% obsessed, and I really think I should be. I don't plan for all my subsequent posts to be marriage/wedding related, but... you never know. :)

Right now, I'm working on lots of little projects for the wedding. Hostess gifts, addressing the invitations, making checklists, and so on. I'm not too stressed, and we finally decided (and quite peacefully, I might add) on a place to live for our first year of marriage. Things are falling into place, and our friends and family members are surrounding us with their support and encouragement. This really is the best time of my life, and I am so thankful we have so many wonderful people to share in our excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment