Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Taylor Gilmore

As promised, here is the most awesome list ever created in all the world: The Taylor Swift Gilmore Girls Soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This list has been so hard to make! It's like Taylor wrote every song while watching GG. Every single song fits some sort of moment in Gilmore land. I tried to narrow it down to the highlights, but even then... one song could fit a thousand situations!


This is definitely not an exhaustive list... not even close. But it's a good start! Also, these are not exactly in chronological order although I tried to keep them somewhat consistent! 

So, sit back... turn on some Tay... and enjoy. :) 

Fifteen - When Dean and Rory are so annoyingly in love
When you're fifteen and your first kiss, Makes you head spin 'round but
In your life you'll do things greater,  Than dating the boy on the football team
But I didn't know it at fifteen

You Belong with Me - When Rory & Jess finally get together after he's rubbed all those sleezy girls in her face
And you've got that smile that could light up this whole town, I haven't seen it in awhile, 
since she brought you down
You say you fine I know you better than that, Hey, Whatcha doing with a girl like that?

Mean - When Emily Gilmore... well, you know... is... Emily Gilmore.
You, with your switching sides, And your wildfire lies, and your humiliation.
You, have pointed out my flaws again. As if I don't already see them. 

I Knew You Were Trouble - When Rory and Jess wreck Rory's car (that Dean built)... and basically the theme song for their entire relationship
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now


I Know Places - When Rory and Dean seriously disappoint us
Baby I know places we won't be found and they'll be chasing our trace tryin' to track us down
Cause I, I know places we can hide, I know places

Crazier - When Rory & Logan umbrella-jump
You lift my feet off the ground, spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier...

Bad Blood - When Lorlei and Rory aren't speaking
Now we got problems, And I don't think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut, And baby now we got bad blood


White Horse - When Logan tries to apologize to Rory for something stupid (every time!)
Say you're sorry, That face of an angel
Comes out just when you need it to


Love Story - When Lorelei gives Luke the ultimatum

I got tired of waiting. Wondering if you were ever coming around.
My faith in you was fading-When I met you on the outskirts of town.

The Last Time - When THE END happens


And here's the one to make you cry... 

The Best Day - Does it even need an explanation??


As I said, this is not even CLOSE to being a full list! There are so many others I could add... but... I'm on a time crunch here! :) And gosh... I didn't even include Max or Jason or Marty or any of the other awesome main characters like Sookie and Jackson or Lane. But, you know, just turn on a Taylor Swift playlist and I'm sure any GG fan could create a soundtrack in your own mind to all the many storylines!

No comments:

Post a Comment