Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Interaction Needed - Buy Me a River

This is an interactive post. If you read this and do not comment your response, I will hunt you down and de-friend you. For realz. (Okay, not for realz.) But, I do want some feedback!

As I have been working on our budget, I have noticed that I am the big spender in the Ball household (raise your hand if you're surprised...). Blake and I both have "blow money" each month, but I always find an excuse to ask Blake if I can spend a little more on something else. And I noticed a trend: I have spent most of my extra money on beauty/appearance stuff. Nail polish, face lotion/creams, jewelry, clothes, shoes, tanning, hair stuff... you catch my drift. Beauty supplies.

At first, I thought about how VAIN I must be! But Blake told me he likes that I like to take care of myself and our home. So, that made me feel slightly better. I feel a little guilty buying such frivolous things, but at the same time, a new bottle of nail polish can go a LONG way for my morale!! And, what else would I spend my money on?? I have Spotify/Pandora for music, Netflix for movies, the Public library for books... 

I guess beauty supplies are just my thang. I like lookin' good. I like smellin' good. And I like feelin' good. :)

So here is the interactive part - what do YOU like to spend extra money on? Anything you're constantly tempted to buy when you have a little extra chump change lying around?

6 comments:

  1. Ice cream. Or more fish/stuff for our aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream is definitely up there on the list for me, too!! I try to wait until Publix has it B1G1!

      Delete
  2. The nail polish has gotten me lately, too! Thanks a lot pinterest... I was never much of a nail painter before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest DOES have some awesome nail polish ideas! I'll blame it, too! :)

      Delete
  3. It's kind of sad, but I think I spend the most spare money on eating out, and I want to change that! But I think I justify it because, well, I have to eat, so I don't have to feel bad about spending extra money on something I NEED.

    I also find that I love browsing the clearance racks at Target for clothes for Noah. I shop ahead a lot for him, so some of it goes there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha.... we have a whole separate part of our budget for dining out. It's gonna happen, might as well plan for it!! The Target clearance racks are another story.... ;)

    ReplyDelete