Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mid-Semester Check

The spring semester is F-L-Y-I-N-G by. I mean FLYING. Next Friday, I'll leave first grade at Maxwell and head to 5th grade at Moundville. I can't believe it! I love teaching first grade. I really didn't think I'd like it, but it's growing on me! They are so energetic and full of life... sometimes it wears me out, but it's always worth it. Today, my students rocked the house. They followed directions, participated, used their vocabulary words in context, built a clock, followed directions, taste tested toothpaste, followed directions... did I mention they followed directions!? :)

Being nearly halfway through the semester also means we're closer to GRADUATION! Today, I got to pick out the diploma frame that mom is buying me for a present. It wasn't a hard choice, but it was definitely exciting to know that I'll have a diploma VERY soon!

Being nearly halfway through the semester also means we're closer to WEDDING DAY! I am so stinking excited. I look at my gorgeous ring everyday and the little butterflies start all over again. Blake & I have been together for a few weeks shy of a year, and we are on edge waiting for the wedding day to roll around.

I keep thinking I should write in more detail and try to be more profound, but... I spent my day with first graders. Have I mentioned that I believe I'm turning into a first grader?? Where is my bubble machine!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment