Friday, October 1, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Today was a very exciting day. First off, it's FRIDAY! Woo-hoo! I have lots of to-do's on my list for the weekend, but I do get to "sleep in" tomorrow & I get to wear my pajamas all day tomorrow! Secondly, I went to my fourth grade placement and basically got to teach all day long! It was AWESOME!

I started by teaching math this morning, which went really well. We did some math review by playing math jeopardy during whole group and I worked on double-digit multiplication during small group. I used the Whole Brain Teaching strategies I've been learning about and they went over quite well.

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to teach reading - whole group and small group. It was a little more difficult since it was FRIDAY AFTERNOON (everyone was excited!), but I still feel like we got a lot accomplished.

This may not mean much to anyone reading this, but... today was a great day. I can not wait to be a teacher and have a classroom of my own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment