Friday, October 22, 2010

Sick Days

I am staying home from school for the second day in a row thanks to a little thing I like to call TORTURE. Other people call it a sinus infection. Sinus infections usually aren't a very big deal - you feel crappy for a day or two, but you can manage. But, since I have recurring bronchitis, I treat sinus infections like they're the plague. If that drainage starts moving to my chest, I'm a goner.

I've had bronchitis once if not twice each year for about three years. It always lasts for 3 or more weeks and it really stinks! I even had bronchitis during my vacation with mom in 2009. That really stunk... I was coughing all over the United States! :) Right now, I just have a sinus infection, but I can feel it moving to my chest. I stayed home yesterday to rest and see the doctor. I was only out and about for three hours yesterday and came home totally exhausted. Going to school today would have been fine, but my class is going on a FIELD TRIP - to American Village in Montevallo. They are leaving the school in about 5 minutes (yes, at 6:45 a.m.) and returning around 3. I just didn't see an 8 1/2 hr road trip with 80+ kids as being a good way to rest and stay healthy. So, I'm missing school and missing an awesome field trip.

Anyway!! Now that you feel sorry for me, let me tell you what I did yesterday!

- I got everything straightened out with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and my bank. Creating a transfer between your savings account and checking isn't the same as creating an automatic bill payment.. just sayin'.

- Read 10 kids books:
- TIME for Kids: Theodore Roosevelt, Discover George Washington, Discover Thomas Jefferson, George Washington: Our First President, The Patchwork Path, Penguins!, We Eat Dinner in the Bathtub, Letter Fun: ABC Book, The Magic School Bus Rides the Wind, and Angelina and the Butterfly.
- I own all of those books, plus several more. Over the past several months, I've hunted book sales, library stores, and yard sales to help grow my classroom collection. I don't know exactly how many books I have so far, but I am proud of what I have! I really want to try to read all the books I have in my classroom library, so I better start now!
- I also found out that I can look up the Accelerated Reader information (book level, points, and quiz #) online from my house, so I'll probably finish doing that with the books I own today. I also put my soon-to-be new name on many of my books and will probably finish doing so today. :)

- That's actually it! Other than getting up and going to the doctor and pharmacist, I really didn't do much yesterday! But, I was really, really excited about reading all those books and getting them organized. I guess that's probably what I'll do today because, even though I'm supposed to be resting, being alone for 8+ hours is REALLY BORING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment