Monday, March 9, 2015

Two in One: Capsule Wardrobe & a Baby Update

In a perfect world, I'd create two separate posts for these two seemingly separate topics. However, they really do coincide with one another and... quite frankly... I barely have time to write one post, much less two. 

I left you all hanging on the Capsule Wardrobe bandwagon... I'm sorry! This is where the pregnancy part comes in - I WAS TOO STINKING TIRED TO GIVE YOU AN UPDATE! While I did really well with the project, I seriously was so tired that blogging about it crossed my mind but never got farther than that! Sorry!

The past two months of sticking to fifty items was pretty awesome. I loved being able to wear my favorite pieces over and over again without feeling like I was wearing anything too much. I think the number fifty was good for me and I'll try to stick close to that as I work on creating a maternity capsule. 

I did stick to the clothes I picked out, but over the past few weeks I have "cheated" a little. Pregnancy has been exhausting (have I mentioned that enough yet!?) so some of the things I picked out for my capsule required ironing... and... yeah... that ain't happening. There were 6-7 items I originally planned for my capsule that I never wore over the entire two months!!! So on the handful of days I "cheated," I didn't feel guilty. The point of this, for me, isn't to be legalistic about what I can and cannot wear... but simply to rid myself of the excess. 

Laundry has been a challenge - only having 4 pairs of work pants at a time when I DO NOT want to wear a skirt (because that means I must wear tights) means there's constantly laundry to do! Hopefully my next capsule will be a little more conducive to this growing belly. I also need to pay attention more to how much care I have to give a shirt  - I really don't need any items that have to be ironed or dry cleaned in my closet at this given moment. Maybe one or two for work... but that's it!

So, about this next capsule... I was going to start a new one on March 1. But because my belly is growing and the seasons are changing, I'm not quite ready. I'm going to stick with the 50 pieces I had and start including some transitional/maternity pieces into my wardrobe. Hopefully I will have something a little more solid come April 1. 

Next Up: Baby Ball 2... a very brief update.

Weeks: 13

Weight Gained: Down 2 pounds 

Cravings: My appetite has come back over the last couple of weeks, but I still have my days where not much sounds good. The things that have sounded good: messy nachos from Taco Casa, chips & salsa, milk, orange juice, and salad! Oh and BACON! Bacon and grits. Last week I was able to eat some fresh fruit and vegetables, too!

Aversions: Meat is still touch-and-go - I have been able to eat it, but I have not been able to cook it or smell raw meat. But last week I cooked beef spaghetti by myself from start to finish!!! I do NOT want to go near raw chicken, but I'll eat it if it's already cooked. Just like with Maleah, sweets are a huge EW. I'm starting to turn the corner on that front - this weekend I ate some chocolate ice cream! But for the most part, sweets are not even remotely appealing to me. 

Symptoms: Morning sickness is starting to fade some - having more good days than bad. I haven't had to take a Zofran in several days, but I have been sick without it... just not unbearably so. Exhaustion is still my number one challenge. I'm also noticing the big blue veins popping up sooner than I remember with Maleah! 

Doctor's Visit: We got to hear Baby's heart beat again last week (and I meant to update then)! It was thumping away at 158 beats per minute. We go back at 16 weeks (when you'll get another update!) and then we'll have our anatomy scan (aka Boy or Girl scan) at the next appointment. Speaking of being a boy or girl... 

Predictions: Blake really thinks this baby is a girl - he has said that from the beginning. I'm still somewhat undecided. I'm leaning towards a girl because my symptoms are just so darn similar to what I experienced with Maleah. But it very well could be a cute little boy! So I'm just going to remain neutral. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment