Monday, May 13, 2013

The Real Mother's Day

Look, I'm going to keep it real. I had this sentimental, sweet post prepared for Mother's Day. But I want you to know what it was really like:

- I had to sing on the praise team, so I had to be at the church by 7:30 A.M. on my first Mother's Day (not a big deal, since I am up at that time anyway!)

- Due to a miscommunication, Maleah's bottle and formula were left sitting on the counter instead of winding up in her diaper bag. The nursery staff had to come get me from Sunday School and Blake had to take her home so she could eat. (Go ahead and nominate us for Parents of the Year!)

- My parents came over for lunch. Originally, I wanted Blake to do all the work so I could just relax. But if I had let him do ALL the work it would've been 4pm before we ate. So, I made the potato salad, sweet tea, chopped veggies, and made the brownies while he grilled. (He DID do all of the dishes, though! Sweet man!)

- We all took a nap. Maleah went down for a nap around 1:45. I laid on the couch around 2:15, didn't fall asleep until about 2:30. Woke up, unintentionally, around 3:15. Maleah woke up around 3:30 (she usually would sleep until close to 4). So, I got up and let her lay with me for a bit while Blake continued his nap. :)

- We went to a friend's house for a 30th birthday party. Maleah spit up ALL over me after her bottle. Major thanks to Claire for cleaning me up and to Erin for cleaning Maleah up. :) After that, the girls got to watch Maleah poop and I, of course, got to change that diaper!

- We got home around 9pm and I put Maleah to bed by singing some old school worship songs.

- I crashed by about 9:45.  Blake fed her the dream feed so that I could go to sleep. But, I woke up around 10:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until nearly 11 thanks to a terrible headache!

So, that was my first Mother's Day. It was just like any other day... and I wouldn't have had it any other way. :) I enjoyed being pampered by my husband a little. He had flowers delivered to my office on Friday and also bought me a beautiful necklace with Maleah's birthstone (garnet). I loved spending time with my parents and friends. But, most of all, I got to be with my little girl all day (and all weekend, really!) and just enjoy being her mom. It is the hardest, most demanding job I have ever had and I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing about 90% of the time. But it is the most incredible gift and I am so grateful God chose me to be her mom.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete