Monday, March 18, 2013

Angel Kisses

It wasn't long after Maleah's birth that I noticed it. A little red splotch on her left eyelid. I figured it was just still a little red from delivery, but after twelve hours, it was still bright red.

The pediatrician came by that morning to tell us all about how well Maleah was doing. And she flippantly mentioned, "Oh, and you've probably noticed she has a birthmark on her eye. We call that an Angel's Kiss."

And immdiately, I knew.

I knew that there was no mistake that God gave her that sweet little spot on her eye. (I can't even type this without tearing up!) Every time I see it, I'm reminded that a piece of my dad lives on in Maleah.

There are no coincidences in life, and I believe God marked Maleah with this precious "kiss" to remind me of that. He is a pretty stellar God.

Sadly, this birthmark will most likely fade over time. I keep trying to capture it in photographs so we will always remember.

She also has a "stork bite" birthmark on the nape of her neck that is permanent. To me, that's God's little reminder that the stork visits whenever he feels like it... not just when we "plan". Our cute little surprise baby was no surprise to Him. :)


You can see the little red Angel Kiss on her tiny little eye. I love it... and I hope it doesn't fade like they say it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment