Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Baby Macey: 26 Weeks

I'm a little in freak-out mode. The 26th week is the last week of the second trimester. Which means I'm about to be in the third trimester. Which means we're about to have another BABY!



Our 26-week appointment included the gestational diabetes test (yuck) and our 4-D ultrasound (YAY!). I originally did not want to do the 4-D ultrasound because I thought we could spend our $125 in a more practical way, but... hey, this is probably the last kiddo... let's splurge... :) 

Here are the basics:

Heart Rate: 138

Stats: Gaining weight like a madwoman! I think I gained 7 pounds this month, bringing my overall total to 13 pounds. 

Symptoms: Unfortunately, that second trimester honeymoon phase is over. I think the extra blood volume plus heat plus humidity is to blame. My hips are hurting already and I have been having weird tingling sensations in my arm from time to time - hopefully regular chiropractor visits will help with that. I'm also so tired all over again. I thought I was going to have some energy for a little while longer, but no. However, I really can't complain! This pregnancy has been much more relaxed than with Maleah. I'm not as nervous or as worried (although there is some apprehension, of course!). But I think I'm just able to take it all in stride and enjoy it even though it's difficult at times!

Appetite: I'm very hungry. But not a lot sounds great. I am really trying to maintain a healthy diet throughout this pregnancy. I did well with Maleah, but towards the end, my cholesterol skyrocketed because all that I wanted was chicken fingers & ice cream! Some of the things I am loving right now are: BLTs, boiled eggs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and waffles with syrup.

Movement: This little girl is quite humorous! I am always trying to figure her out. She likes 9pm a lot - which worries me. I can almost always count on her to start thumping around at that time! Please, please, please little baby be like your sister and go to bed at a reasonable time!!! I think I'm going to start calling her "Thumper" because that's exactly what her little movements feel like. Maleah was more of a wiggler, but Macey girl is definitely a thumper! At our ultrasound, we found out she is laying pretty much the way I predicted - her head is in my lower left side and she's laying diagonally. She was pulling on her toes during the ultrasound, which is exactly what I wondered if she had been doing because I can feel little hands and feet really close together! 

Maleah (left) at 29 weeks and Macey (right) at 26 weeks - definitely sisters!!!
Our 4-D ultrasound was so much fun! Macey was cooperative, although she didn't move a whole lot - until the probe wasn't on her! She would be pretty still while we were peeking around and as soon as the tech would lift the wand for a moment, she would start thumping around! That's just like her! She does that when people try to feel her moving. She measured on track, looked healthy, and weighs approximately 1 pound 15 ounces! We got to see both feet and one hand!

Sleeping: I should just take this off of my list because I have a feeling it will be the same for the next 14 weeks. I'm usually going to bed around 9. I'm up every 2 hours to go to the restroom. If I wake up around 2am and am hungry, I have to eat. And then I'm getting up at 5:45 to get ready for the day. My doctor suggested I try Tylenol PM so that's my plan for tonight! I used it off & on with Maleah so hopefully it'll help me get some good, restful sleep this time around, too!

Looking Forward To: Our next doctor's appointment! It starts the 2-week appointments which means things are really going to kick into high gear!!! I'm also looking forward to getting some of Macey's things organized. I want to nest but really there isn't that much to do... so I'm trying to space it all out!

Loving: Maleah. I can't imagine loving another child as much as I love her, but I hear it happens! I think my heart will explode when Macey is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment