Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Let's Recap

School ended almost four weeks ago and what a month it's been! The start of summer has been crazier than expected, and here's why:

Just two days after going to work for the last day of the 2011-2012 school year, Blake and I found out that we'll be having a little one around January 27, 2013! It was a complete surprise, as we weren't planning to even begin "trying" until the fall. But, we are ridiculously happy and every day the idea becomes more and more real in our minds. I'm 8 1/2 weeks now and we've had two very good visits with the doctor. At our 6 1/2 week appointment, we got to see the little peanut and we could see and hear the heart. Now I'm just battling morning sickness and fatigue - no big deal, right!?

Oh, and on top of being newly pregnant, I'm also back on the job hunt. So far it's been rather disappointing. Lots of applications, resumes, and cover letters... very few returned calls. I don't want to go into detail, but... I have GOT to find something ASAP! The wait is killin' me.

Blake has been teaching his very own history course at UA since the beginning of this month. He's teaching the latter part of American history and, although he is swamped with work, he loves it! I can't wait for him to finish his PhD so he can do this full-time. He loves it... and I also have to admit that it is nice to lay around in my PJs while he has to get up and go to work. :)

Hmmm... what else? Morning sickness has taken a pretty big toll on me and it took me a couple of weeks to decide I wanted the magic medicine that makes you feel better. Now that I have it, I'm trying to take it ONLY when I really need it and on those days, I feel fabulous! Hopefully I can keep the sickness at bay so I can actually start doing more fun things!

That's about it for us... Blake is obsessed with basketball right now and I am obsessed with coconut soup and crab angels from Surin. Like, I would eat that for breakfast if I could! We'll celebrate our first anniversary in just six short days. What a year it has been!!

No comments:

Post a Comment